Web Design Process
As our company's name suggests, we provide web site design services to customers from coast-to-coast. However, the majority of clients we serve are in the Maryland area including Baltimore County, Harford County, Cecil County, Howard County, Anne Arundel County and Carroll County, as well as customers in Delaware and Pennsylvania. The bottom line is that our website builders will provide web site design services to any customer in the U.S.
Here is an overview of Coastal's Web Designing Process:
Phase 1- Graphic Design and Management
(approximately 2-4 week delivery)
- Website designers confirm web site design flowchart.
- Design home page graphics and mockup for client review and modifications.
- Mockup includes design of the main (home) page graphics with client’s specified color preference, logo, look and feel, main buttons (top level - you will not be able to look at the sub pages at this point), slogans or tag lines, and contact information including phone number and/or addresses.
- Text on the mockup web page design will not be editable until Phase 2.
- Upload Mockup to the following addresses for review: http://www.coastalwebservices.net/webdesign/(your company name inserted here)
- Web designers complete edits and changes to mockup if needed.
- Send mockup design approval form to client. Upon receipt of signed form either by email, mail or fax, Coastal design team moves to phase 2.
Phase 2 of web design process.
Only if you are using Text Writing Services:
Conduct general research on client industry including keyword phrases, and products and/or service trends.
Coastal Web coordinates and conducts interview with client and text writer to begin content writing.
Only if you are a Website Marketing customer:
Coastal Web marketing department completes additional research including determination of all keyword phrases and supporting content needed for your site to be found on search engines for particular industry.
Provide keyword list to text writer, if purchased, for correct incorporation on website.
Note: After web design form is approved and signed, changes to the design will be billable.
Phase 2 - Content and Data Entry
(approximately 2-3 week delivery)
- Website builders assist in research and setup of domain username and password (if requested)
- Research current hosting package and/or assist with moving website hosting to new platform
- Slice graphic design and mockup into individual pages
- Enter text onto site (Please send all text within 4 weeks of signed contract date)
- Enter pictures onto site
- Basic stock photos at no extra fee
- Pictures can also be submitted for specific pages
- Coordination with corporate photographer can be made for an additional fee
- Test all outbound links and confirm they open in a new window so surfers will not leave site
- Test to ensure site is viewable by several browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc.)
- Client confirms all information submitted has been entered correctly.
- Client approves text and pictures layout
- Proofread and correct all content to ensure proper grammatical format
- Test web hosting control panel location, username and password (client will provide hosting setup information).
- Test live site’s ftp username and password.
- Receive verbal, email or written approval for Phase 2 completion and proceed to phase 3 (Final Phase).
Only if you getting Add-on Options
(will provide more process details customized to individual needs of the program)
- Coordinate Flash Layout with customer and designer
- Install and configure flash presentation
- Setup Shopping Cart and/or any additional add-ons
Phase 3 - Upload Site
(approximately 1 week)
- Backup old website and then delete from hosting platform
- Complete necessary behind the scenes details including:
- Setup of meta tags and image alt tags on all images
- Setup sitemap (web marketing only)
- Enter footer information on most pages
- Setup call to action statements and links on each page
- Submit site to search engines
- Set up Google analytics on each site (web marketing only)
- Publish new site to server so public can view your new website!!
- Confirm client receipt of emails when submitted through contact form (if included in web site design)
- Provide additional web site design and internet enhancements (web marketing only)
- Retest internal/external links
At no charge, once the site is completed, the customer has up to 30 days to review site and submit to Coastal Web for corrections for minor typographical errors.
Some web hosting platforms are not configured to accept web forms based on the hosting package. We allow one hour of troubleshooting for forms in our standard web design package. Beyond that time, client will be notified as to the estimated cost of getting the site’s form(s) to work. The hosting companies we recommend and assist in setup with are configured correctly and will fit within the one-hour time frame allotted.
We provide website design services to Harford County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Cecil County, Baltimore County, Howard County as well as Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Bel Air North, Bel Air South, Edgewood, Fallston, Jarrettsville, Joppatowne, Perryman, Pleasant Hills, Riverside, Abingdon, Belcamp, Cardiff, Churchville, Darlington, Gunpowder, Forest Hill, Level, Norrisville, Pylesville, Street, Whiteford, White Hall, Baltimore and areas in between.
Contact Coastal Web Services for a quote on your next web design project!
Web Design Services | Custom Web Design | CMS Web Design | Web Design Samples | Mobile Web Design
Mobile Web Design Samples | Web Design Options | Website Updates | Website Design Process | Web Design Terms