RSS Feed SEO
RSS Feeds for Business
What are RSS Feeds?
RSS feeds (Real Simple Syndication) are web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favorite websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place.
RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader", or "feed reader" which can be web-based, desktop based, or mobile-device-based. A user can subscribe to a feed by entering into the reader the feed's "URI" (Uniform resource identifier) or by clicking a feed icon in a web browser that initiates the subscription process.
There all also other ways to subscribe to RSS feeds without using a "reader". With most web browsers, when you subscribe to a feed, you can choose to have the feeds sent directly to the "favorites" or "bookmarks" section of your browser.
Why use RSS Feeds for Business?
RSS feeds allow you to syndicate your website’s content all over the Internet. This way you can send the latest information (pictures, articles, videos), and updates to your subscribers. RSS feeds will allow your subscribers to avoid manually inspecting your business’s website and instead subscribe so that all your new content is pushed onto their browsers when it becomes available.
Some benefits of using RSS feeds for business:
- It creates lasting relationships. The more you publish new information or updates, the more your subscribers will get to know you, and the more they get to know you, the more confidence they will have in you. People do business only with others whom they trust!
- RSS feeds are a great way to get new readers. Anyone who finds your content useful and attractive can subscribe and they will continue to stay in touch with you.
- RSS is a great way to let people know of events and activities that may be happening soon. You can turn an "events" page into an RSS feed.
- If you regularly produce a newsletter using e-mail or on your website, then consider converting it to RSS format as well.
- Do you regularly use special offers and discounts? RSS is a great way to tell people what’s on special.
- Typically, the main use of RSS is to present headlines and a short introduction to "newsy" stories. Create an RSS feed on your site featuring your company press releases, site updates, etc.
Who should be using RSS Feeds for Business?
RSS could be beneficial for any business, regardless of the size or type. RSS can be used in many different ways, including social media feeds, newsletters feeds, blogs, and product or service news.
Where would you use RSS Feeds?
When to use Facebook for business.
You can start using RSS Feeds immediately! Begin by planning out a couple basic goals you’d like to achieve by using RSS Feeds for your business, and then get to work!
How do I get started?
Contact us now at 800-566-1468 or email us to get started!